Peacock's Month of Mayhem
06 October - 26 November, 2006
Visual art meets music and dance at Peacock’s gallery with a new exhibition and a series of dynamic performances and noisy gigs. Don’t miss this vibrant season of contemporary art!
- 6 October - 11 November:
- Making a Virtue of Disappointment. Ventedspleen Exhibition showing 16 works relating to art and music. Opening night: Friday 6 October 6-8pm
- 6 October, 8pm:
- Wixel + Talkingmakesnosense and Andy da Kipp. Electronic music performances. Organised by Interesting Music Promotions.
- 19 October, 8pm:
- DanceLive! Colette Sadler. DdumY. A mesmerising performance that, "slips, falls and transforms our perception of what the body is or can be ……". An event organised by Citymoves.
- Friday 20 October, 8pm:
- DanceLive! Anna Krzystek and Tom Murray. TEST. “Glasgow based Krzystek is one of the most interesting choreographers Scotland has to offer, operating at the cutting edge of contemporary dance”. - The Scotsman. An event organised by Citymoves.
- Sunday 29 October, 8pm:
- NEPTUNE and Jessica Rylan. A night of musical DIY, organised by DizzyStorm. Noisy music made with bike parts, saws, hobo electronics, metal drums and other debris found in the trash.
- Friday 3 November, 8pm:
- Isan + Tomcats in Tokyo. A night of live electronic music performances by musicians Isan and Tomcats in Tokyo. Part of the s.o.u.n.d. festival. Organised by Interesting Music Promotions.
- Saturday 4 November, 8pm:
- Audrey "The haunting music they make is a perfect backdrop to the spoken, screamed, sung or whispered vocals...” Organised by DizzyStorm.
- Sunday 26 November, 6.30pm:
- Her Noise Documentary / 120 min / Electra with Emma Hedditch 'Her Noise' focuses on women in experimental music. For Peacock visual arts Electra produced an exclusive documentary about the project, never shown before. Location: Belmont Picture House.