Submit to the W OR M and you’re in!
Peacock Visual Arts presents Submit – an open call – open to all. Submit your artwork and we will display the work in our exhibition throughout December and January. There will be no selection process all works will be displayed in acknowledgement of their artistic contribution. Join us this December and be a part of the conversation.
• £10 admin fee is payable for each piece submitted to the show.
• Maximum of 3 pieces per artist (multiple editions will be accepted) all works must be 2D.
• Maximum size limit: A3 for all pieces submitted.
• All pieces must be packaged appropriately – they must be unframed (this includes canvas frames) cellophane wrapped and cardboard backed – and clearly labelled with TITLE / ARTIST / PRICE / MEDIUM to be accepted.
• The standard gallery commission of 50% will be collected from each sale.
• All unsold work is to be collected within two weeks of the close of the exhibition. We do not have the capacity to store uncollected works.
• Work will be displayed on the walls of the gallery as well as within browsers and rotated throughout the period of the show.
• Deadline for submission – Saturday 1st December at 5pm
• Artwork should be submitted to W OR M at 11 Castle Street: Open Tues – Sat from 10am – 5pm now until Saturday 1st December.
If you can’t make it in to Submit your work or you want to send us something from further afield then here’s the details you’ll need:
INTERNATIONAL / OUTWITH THE CITY SUBMISSIONS
Paypal details – Please make amount payable to Alison at firstname.lastname@example.org (if you do not have access to Paypal please contact us)
Postage details –
Peacock Visual Arts
21 Castle Street
Please include pre-prepared postage for return of artwork included as part of the submission incase the artwork remains unsold at the end of the exhibition.
HOW TO WRAP AND BACK AN ARTWORK:
You will need:
• Backing board
• Clear Tape
• Stanley Knife
Step one: Using the pencil mark on the backing board the size of the artwork, leaving a few millimetres extra around the piece
Step two: Use the knife to cut the board to size following the guidelines
Step three: Cut the cellophane leaving enough to comfortably cover the front and back
Step four: Tightly fold the cellophane in half securing it with clear tape
Step five: A handy tip when folding cellophane is to score the edges you will be folding with your nail or any other hard edge
Step six: Secure the ends with clear tape
Step seven: Repeat to the other end
Step eight: Ta da, you have now wrapped and backed your artwork
If you do not have access to these materials you can come and wrap your print at the W OR M for £5.00